This is the third post on my three-day marathon (yes, suddenly I am on fire 😀 ) and this is the time for another movie review/discussion, and this time – on actual Monday! Hehe!
As always, I will start with the non-spoiler part!
Directors: Christophe Lourdelet, Garth Jennings
Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon, Seth MacFarlane and more…
Release Date: 21 December, 2016 (USA)
Summary of the Plot:
Another city of animals, only in this one, a koala named Buster Moon owns a theater. He is experiencing difficulties, and to deal with those difficulties he has decided to put up a singing competition, which is going pretty well, until…
If you are a fan of musicals or just music, this is the kind of movie you would enjoy watching. And mostly because of the great songs featured in it.
At first the movie seemed like an X-Factor for animals, nothing much really. But even though you don’t feel like you are watching a movie, it still kind of drags you into it and makes you want to know – “what happens?!”. Only after 40 minutes in the movie, I actually felt like I am finally watching it.
I really loved how we see the competition participants, what are their lives, their story. Makes the audience feel empathy and maybe even relate in some way.
The picture is pretty good and the animations are done very well. I am always impressed with the work of animators. They make magic no matter what the project is.
To be honest, I was very excited to see the movie after I saw the trailer, but while I was watching it I felt a little disappointed. I didn’t write down a lot during this movie, I guess it says something about the movie. Either it was to good or too bad. 😀 I think It was somewhere in the middle, but on the way to the good side.
IMDB rating: 7,2/10 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Rotten Tomatoes rating: 6,5/10 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
MY RATING: 7,8/10 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
That is it for the non-spoiler part! 🙂
WARNING! Spoilers ahead!
I don’t have a lot to write in this section either, but I will share those few thoughts I had anyway:
• I know they wanted to make it funny, and maybe at some scenes it was, but that glass eye thing was a bit disgusting.What I mean is the very first time she had this eye-ball thing going on.
• BUT, there was a scene where she gets thrown away with an elastic rope or something (I’m sorry I watched it a few days ago.. don’t recall all the details) and that was pretty funny.
• What I definitely did not see coming, and I think they hid it pretty well, was the fact that the theater gets completely ruined and it is all over for Moon. I genuinely felt sad for them.
• And the last but probably not the least, “The stage is about to explode with some PIGGY-POWER!” was one of the best lines in the movie. I enjoyed Gunter as a character and he brought so much fun to the whole movie.
• Now the last thing.. I was actually rooting for Johnny. Yeah, that’s the last I want to say.
There you go! Another Illumination’s film to see! And when I say “to see”, I think every movie has to be seen, no matter if it’s good or bad. Otherwise you just won’t know what is a good movie and what is a bad movie.
Until the next time!
The Butterfly Girl
All the photos are from “Sing” IMDB page.